[PC-BSD Testing] 7.1 Beta1

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Sun Mar 8 17:51:06 PST 2009

Sorry about that, I should have included more info. I have an 8500GT
with 512MB and I tried all three nVidia drivers and the nv driver. I
have a widescreen flat panel using a DVI connector. As soon as I tell
it to apply the settings I get the text screen where it generates a
new xorg. I then come back to the configure screen where I get the
message previous attempt failed please check your settings and try
again. This is pretty much the exact same problem I had with the first
alpha as far as I can tell. I even tried the custom settings to enter
the refresh rates and it makes no difference. The settings section
does correctly identify my card as a GeForce 8500 GT.