[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha2

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Sun Mar 1 09:02:18 PST 2009

Both Alpha 1 and 2 seem to have resolved a couple of persistent problems
I have had with the 7.0.x series. Restart/shutdown now work as they
should. With 7.0.x part of the time they would take me to the login
screen and I would have to go from there. Also with 7.0.x once I booted
into the desktop when I tried to select something from the menu or
desktop it would appear to be frozen. I would have to ctrl-alt-backspace
and lot in again. This also seems to be resolved in the Alphas.

In addition, there seems to be a genuine performance increase over all.
It would appear KDE is finally starting to take shape. Anyway, I am
looking forward to the RC.

Bill Leeper