[PC-BSD Testing] Testing with 7.1.1RC2

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Mon Jun 29 07:55:53 PDT 2009

Kris,

Ok, some initial things about 7.1.1RC2.

1. You might have missed this message from all the earlier e-mails
but Filezilla still reports /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object
"libwx_gtk2_aui-2.8.so.0" not found, required by "filezilla" on launch.

2. I added 3 printers with the add printer icon (Color Laserjet 5500,
Laserjet 4350, Kyocera Mita FS-9520DN). When I printed a test page
for each, the 5500 was requesting A4 paper size on tray 1 and the
FS-9520DN was requesting A4 paper size on their respective displays.
The 4350 printed out a test page as normal. This is probably a CUPS
thing or default setting in the driver I would guess. When I printed
something normally and it went through gtkLP, I saw the default paper
type as A4 instead of US Letter. Went through the Set Printer Options
in CUPS and Konqueror acted funny when trying to set printer options
so I opened up http://localhost:631 in Firefox and setting the tray
and paper type options went really quickly. From then on, printing a
test page went fine on all printers.

3. To some degree I am now able to "turn on" desktop effects but it
still throws that same error message on my machine with an Intel VGA
card in it. Funny thing is when I go to Advanced options and choose
XRederer instead of OpenGL as compositing type and click Apply, the
Enable Desktop Effects settings check-box sticks. No FX though. Oh well.

4. The Update manager says failed to contact the update server.

More as it comes.
Arthur