[PC-BSD Testing] 7.1.1RC2 for Testing

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Sat Jun 27 15:16:48 PDT 2009

I've just finished uploading PC-BSD 7.1.1RC2 for your inspection!

This version fixes many of the bugs you've reported from RC1, and also seems to fix
a lot of the issues with intel video cards. (It works perfectly with my 965 again)

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/iso/7.1.1-RC2/i386/

Known Issues:

* VLC still displays error on exit, fixed in SVN, it'll be in 7.1.1 final
* The 71.xx nvidia driver still causes kernel panic, looking into it
* Parley still gets script errors, due to it not working with Python 2.6

PCBSD 7.1.1-RC2 - Changelog (06-27-09)
--------------------------
* Updated 7.2-Stable to 06242009
* Fixed bugs in py-cups port, which corrects "Print a test page" failure from the GUI
* Fixed bugs in ksyslog program, now finds /var/log/messages properly
* Added gvim to the menu - 4114
* Removed obsolete printing menu icons - 4115
* Improved the system updater tray, don't issue popup on failure, change icon instead - 4100
* Improved stability with intel graphics cards
* Updated included Wine to 1.1.24, which fixes issues with certian 3D Games
* Misc other bugfixes

As usual, please report bugs back to this list! We're getting closer to 7.1.1 release, so please report
whatever you can find, and we'll work on getting them fixed!