[PC-BSD Testing] Testing 7.1.1-RC1

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Jun 24 13:23:26 PDT 2009

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009, Arthur Koziol wrote:

>> files. Did you
>>>
>>> Argh, I should have been more clear on this one, sorry. It's in
>>> Education > Languages > Vocabulary Trainer.
>>> It loads up as parley.
>>>
>>> Arthur
>>
>> Ahh, that explains why I couldn't find it :) I'll take a look into
>> this one as well.
>
> Kris,
>
> Upon further investigation, the above app and error message is not
> all that it says it's missing.
> When fired up, it states
> /usr/PCBSD/local/kde4/share/apps/parley/plugins/leo-dict.py is missing
> but when I click that actual message box, it states 3 other files are
> missing as well:
>
> 1. /usr/PCBSD/local/kde4/share/apps/parley/plugins/google_images.py
> 2. /usr/PCBSD/local/kde4/share/apps/parley/plugins/google_dictionary.py
> 3. /usr/PCBSD/local/kde4/share/apps/parley/plugins/example.py
>
> Arthur

Arthur,

I did some testing, and partially figured this out. Turns out I was missing the kross-python port
which these rely on to function. After I installed it though, they still fail. Further digging reveals
that they don't work with the new python 2.6. I'll see if I can play with it again tomorrow,
but so far its broken on Ubuntu and other distros that use 2.6, and no solutions thus far :(