[PC-BSD Testing] Testing 7.1.1-RC1

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Thu Jun 18 07:29:47 PDT 2009

Jeff,

I tried setting up Joomla once on our server here at my Univ but it's
a bit beyond my skill level. I just saw Bill's response come in too
with respect to a simple spreadsheet. That doesn't seem like a bad
idea for now. What about something simple like a "Known Good
Hardware" listing or "Tested With"? Setting up something in Joomla or
Drupal would be neat...if there's someone dedicated to maintain it. ^_^

A simple spreadsheet I manage that details versioning info for the
gobs of software I have to maintain looks like this:
http://www.neiu.edu/~scs/sif/Software_Installation_Status.htm
It's very rudimentary in nature but give anyone looking at it the
basic info they need. Cartainly a simple compilation of "known
working" hardware (the big 3: chipset, VGA card, motherboard) tested
against certain releases would be enough if people are interested in
trying PCBSD but don't know if their hardware cuts the proverbial
mustard. A simple web form that allows people to submit this basic
info would likely suffice.

Arthur