[PC-BSD Testing] Testing 7.1.1-RC1

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Wed Jun 17 11:43:21 PDT 2009

> > 1. Closing Kubrick throws a SIG 11 error (SIGSEGV), complains about
> > "packages are built in a way that prevents backtraces", blah blah
>
>Doesn't do that here, maybe still related to video card / driver?
>Its an OpenGL app, so thats
>possible.

I just wiped 7.1.1RC off and reverted to 7.1, Kubrick doesn't crash
on exit. So my hunch is
it's Mesa 7.4 / the new X-Server / or the new Intel driver. 7.1 uses
Mesa 7.3 from what it shows
in InfoCenter under OpenGL.

> > 2. Closing VLC 0.9.9a throws an error
>
>Thats in the PBI specificaly for VLC. I've fixed it in SVN, i'll get
>the fixed version copied
>over to the DVD before we ship.
>
> > 3. Open Office 3.1 > Presentations > Creating from a template
> > complains about a missing template folder
> > "/usr/home/<name>/.openoffice.org/3/user/template" but if you click
> > the error, which appears 3 times, it eventually goes through
>
>That's something in the PBI again. I'll take a look at it though.
>
> > 4. Settings > Printing does nothing
>
>Thanks, that was a bad .desktop file we didn't need. Fixed
>
> > 4. When trying to print a test page after setting up a printer (Color
> > Laserjet 5500 via JetDirect) I get "there was an error during the
> > CUPS operation: 'client-error-not-found'
>
>Still looking into this, some bug in the python script I'm sure
>(I hate python scripts) :(

Any log info or file that I can look at and pass along that may hold
a clue about this one?

> > 5. System Logs Viewer complains that /var/log/syslog doesn't exist
> > 6. Daemon log complains that /var/log/daemon.log doesn't exist
>
>Fixed both of these already in ports, they'll be in the next RC
>
> > 7. Wine Fonts Folder and Programs Folder will complain about missing
> > folders until Wine Configuration is run once but I think this is
> > normal behavior.
>
>Thats correct.
>
> > 8. Parley complains about "the following script could not be
> > activated due to errors in the script
> > /usr/PCBSD/local/kde4/share/apps/parley/plugins/leo-dict.py"
>
>Humm, I don't have parley on my system here, no do I have those files. Did you
>add this via ports or something?

Argh, I should have been more clear on this one, sorry. It's in
Education > Languages > Vocabulary Trainer.
It loads up as parley.

Arthur