[PC-BSD Testing] Runports needs help

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 20:45:47 PDT 2009

If you use the pkg_add command, be aware that you might not get the latest version either because the package is behind in getting built if the port version is new, or because of the fact that the system will only use the package that was released at the time of the OS release.  You have to explicitly tell FreeBSD where to get the latest release, as explained here.

Sure could use a ports/package manager that worked.  Kports has been rewritten for  KDE4 but doesn't yet do much other than report what you have.  Slow progress. Perhaps PCBSD could take over that project and get it finished.

....Jeff