[PC-BSD Testing] Testing 7.1.1-RC1

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Tue Jun 16 14:16:33 PDT 2009

A few first impressions:

I chose to install it to my 16GB flash drive as I already have OS's on
all three internal drives. The install went smoothly after I
remembered it will not install over the top of a previous PC-BSD
installation. I reformatted the flash drive to FAT32 and then it
installed OK. Install takes quite a bit longer this way, but not
unreasonably so. This versions seems top be slower than the previous
one did. I don't have any timings but it sure feels slower

As usual HW detection was great and the latest nVidia driver works
fine, I did have one glitch after booting. The task bar along the
bottom did not extend all the way across the screen. It was about 3"
to short on the right side. I had to go into the settings and tell it
to extend all the way across the screen.

I will do more looking later. I just wanted to get it installed and
will probably leave it on the flash drive. Good work Kris.