[PC-BSD Testing] VirtualBox for Testing

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Jun 15 06:43:48 PDT 2009

Hey everybody! I'm prepping an ISO for testing right now of PC-BSD 7.1.1-RC1, which fixes
a lot of bugs from 7.1, updates ports, etc. In the meantime though, I thought some of you
may be interested to test out the VirtualBox emulator :)

The PBI for PC-BSD 7.x (32bit) is right here:

The VirtualBox program hasn't hit ports yet, and this is just a test version of it to find / fix bugs.
However, its working well enough here that I could install a copy of Win XP SP3 on it, and it runs great!
(On PC-BSD 7.1 here)

Feel free to play around with this PBI, but please report any VirtualBox specific bugs to
the FreeBSD emulation list, and not here.

If you run into issues that are PBI specific, then of course I'll want to hear about it :)