[PC-BSD Testing] Ubuntu aims for ten-second boot time with 10.04

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Jun 10 12:47:46 PDT 2009

Interesting idea. They are talking about dumping the splash screen completely. I wonder if we could do this also, since
we don't have a good splash anyway :P

I'll have to do some digging into this for 8.0. Its possible that we could do something similar, and bring up X almost
immediately after the kernel loads, and really speed up the desktop boot process.