[PC-BSD Testing] NVidia Driver 185.18.14 Release June 5th

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:20:46 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Kris Moore<kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> I don't see a huge speed increase in 64bit vs 32bit. The big draw of it
> right now is the ability to use
> 4GB+ of RAM :) Depends on what your doing though, running Firefox may not
> show a huge speedup, but some data intensive application will for sure.

using more than 4GB of ram is why I want to use 64bit PC-BSD, We
play World of Warcraft a lot, and having 64bit Nvidia Drivers are a big deal.

on a side note, maybe even deserves a separate thread, does anyone know if
wine will compile on PCBSD-64 I know that most every Linux distro has
wine in 64bit
so it is possible, I just wondered why the FreeBSD port was marked i386 only.

Sam Fourman Jr.
Fourman Networks