[PC-BSD Testing] NVidia Driver 185.18.14 Release June 5th
A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Tue Jun 9 07:36:15 PDT 2009
For all the NVidia people.
FreeBSD Display Driver x86
Operating System: FreeBSD x86
Release Date: : June 05, 2009
* Modified VDPAU to dlopen libpthread.so (on
all platforms), to avoid conflicts between the
current libc and a compat libpthread.
* Improved compatibility with recent Linux kernels.
* Fixed a Xinerama drawable resource
management problem that can cause GLXBadDrawable
errors in certain cases, such as when Wine applications are run.
* Fixed XineramaQueryScreens to return 0
screens instead of 1 screen with the geometry of
screen 0 when XineramaIsActive returns false.
This conforms to the Xinerama manual page and
fixes an interaction problem with Compiz when there is more than one X screen.
* Added support for new horizontal interlaced
and checkerboard passive stereo modes.
* Fixed a DisplayPort interaction problem
with power management suspend/resume events.
* Fixed occasional X driver memory management
performance problems when a composite manager is running.
* Fixed a bug with VT-switching or
mode-switching while using Compiz; the bug could
lead to a corrupted desktop (e.g., a white
screen) or in the worst case an X server crash.
* Fixed a bug that could cause GPU errors in
some cases while driving Quadro SDI products.
* Fixed a several second hang when
VT-switching while OpenGL stereo applications
were running on pre-G80 Quadro GPUs.
* Added support for multiple swap group
members on G80 and later Quadro GPUs.
* Fixed the behavior of the
NV_CTRL_FRAMELOCK_SYNC_DELAY NV-CONTROL attribute on Quadro G-Sync II.
* Fixed a problem with Quadro SDI where
transitioning from "clone mode" to "OpenGL mode" would fail.
* Fixed VDPAU to eliminate some cases of
corruption when decoding H.264 video containing
field-coded reference frames on G84, G86, G92,
G94, G96, or GT200 GPUs. Such streams are commonly found in DVB broadcasts.
* Slightly improved the performance of the
VDPAU noise reduction algorithm.
* Enhanced VDPAU to validate whether overlay
usage is supported by the current hardware
configuration, and to automatically fall back to
the blit-based presentation queue if required.
* Fixed error checking in
VdpVideoMixerRender, to reject calls that specify
more layers than the VdpMixer was created with.
* Modified VDPAU's VDPAU_DEBUG code to emit a
complete backtrace on all platforms, not just on 32-bit Linux.
* Improved interaction between VDPAU and
PowerMizer; appropriate performance levels should
now be chosen for video playback of all standard
resolutions on all supported GPUs.
* Fixed a bug in VDPAU that sometimes caused
"display preemption" when the VdpDecoderCreate function failed.
* Fixed a potential segfault in the VDPAU
trace library, triggered by a multi-threaded
application creating a new VdpDevice in one
thread, at the same time that another thread detected "display preemption".
* If you are using FreeBSD 6.x, you will need
to make sure that the 'compat5x' package is installed.
* The 'nvidia-settings' utility can be built
from source (available from
if the binary included in the 185.18.14.tar.gz
package doesn't work (e.g. due to a ports/ library version conflict).
To download and install the drivers, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the
<http://www.nvidia.com/object/nv_swlicense.html>NVIDIA Software License.
You will need to accept this license prior to downloading any files.
STEP 2: Review Documentation
- FreeBSD installation and configuration information.
STEP 3: Download the driver
STEP 4: Check dependencies
The dependencies are listed in the README.
STEP 5: Install
for detailed installation instructions. If you
have any questions or problems, please check the
FreeBSD Discussion forum. If you don't find an
answer to your question there, you can send email
(in English) to
<mailto:freebsd-gfx-bugs at nvidia.com>freebsd-gfx-bugs at nvidia.com.
<mailto:freebsd-gfx-bugs at nvidia.com>freebsd-gfx-bugs at nvidia.com
please attach an nvidia-bug-report.log, which is
generated by running "nvidia-bug-report.sh".
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Testing