[PC-BSD Testing] email lists and IRC VS forums

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Jul 27 09:41:40 PDT 2009

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Jeff wrote:

> A slightly off-topic question that's been perplexing to me for some time...
>
> I've noticed that many communities of developers prefer to use mailing lists and/or IRC over forums for communication.  Can anyone shed
> light on that given that forums seem to be far superior in almost every way?
>
> ...Jeff
>
> !DSPAM:1,4a6dca7815161282987134!

Its mostly user-preference, but in my case, I prefer mailing lists, since I get the messages in my inbox / blackberry, and
can keep up to date much easier, rather than being tied to a web-browser to follow things. IRC is nice though, because
its usually instant, and you can chat with people real-time.