[PC-BSD Testing] PBI weirdness

brian peispud at eastlink.ca
Fri Jul 24 12:05:56 PDT 2009

doverosx at gmail.com wrote On 07/24/2009 03:29 PM:
> brian wrote:
>> Kris Moore wrote:
>>
>>> That is really weird. If you move the file back into Download/ they still refuse to run? Also, is
>>> this by running it with ./<pbi>  or via dolphin or both?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kris Moore
>>> PC-BSD Software
>>>
>>> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, A.Yerenkow wrote:
>>>

>>> I just moved them into /Download, tried to run them, and now I can't run PBIs at all - anywhere. I'll wait for the next version of PC-BSD and upgrade. My system works fairly good now as is.

> This is all on a clean install?? Can you verify the disc image? Only
> way I know how to do so is to get the installer to check the disc.
> Maybe K3b or diff can also do the same?
>
> Regards,
> Brodey Dover

This is off an upgrade from 7.1.1 burnt to disc with a good md5 sum. The
PBIs were downloaded with FF3.5, also with good md5 sums. I actually
haven't been able to upgrade any other way for a while now as the system
updates refuse to install via the update manager. Something is seriously
borked with my PC-BSD install - I just can't  seem to find it. PC-BSD
8.x is looking good as a clean install.