[PC-BSD Testing] And there was much rejoicing: xf86-video-intel 2.8.0 now final

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Wed Jul 22 06:25:00 PDT 2009

> > On 22.07.2009 0:50, Arthur Koziol wrote:
> >> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2009-July/046534.html
> >>
> >> Kris,
> >>
> >> Is there any way humanly possible to persuade you to push this out as
> >> an update once it hits ports? Looks like an INSANE amount of work and
> >> fixing went into this sucker.
> >>

> > You proposing push driver, which dropped XAA and EXA? :D
> > On my eee, UXA mode is constantly failing, and I have to use XAA...
> > Of course, I hope they fixed this all.
> > However, driver isn't yet in ports.
> >

>Once it hits ports, I'll watch the freebsd-xorg list for a few days
>to make sure it doesn't
>cause any major breakage :) If it seems to work, I'll get an update
>rolled with it shortly
>thereafter.

Yeah, it would be good to probably wait more than a week or two since
this now prunes
XAA, EXA, and DRI1 which I think is what trips up 915-based cards. At
least from what I've
been reading from others using 2.7.x and xserver 1.6.x. I can't
imagine it affecting 945-based
machines but you never know.

Arthur