[PC-BSD Testing] Small thought about PBIs... Request for comments :)

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Jul 21 13:37:35 PDT 2009

This is a good idea, that I've also given some thought, but here's the problem that needs
to be overcome first. Our PBIs are each compiled with a different LOCALBASE, which changes
pretty much constantly.

I.E:

/Programs/FireFox3.0.1
/Programs/FireFox3.5.0

This LOCALBASE change effects all the packages / binaries / libraries that are compiled. If we did
use a saved package, then the libraries would be set to /Programs/FireFox3.0.1 as their LOCALBASE,
but the real LOCALBASE should be /Programs/FireFox3.5.0 now. The only way I've found to fix this is
by re-compiling the packages, which is what it does now.