[PC-BSD Testing] Open Office template errors

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Mon Jul 13 14:19:12 PDT 2009

Jeff,

It takes a bit for me to get around to testing various things :) OpenOffice is a beast, so
bear with us.

I did some digging, and I've found a workaround, not sure of a real bugfix yet though. Take a look at your
error you posted:

/usr/home/Jeff/.openoffice.org/3r/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/yTznki_/OOOP-templates-separated-en-US-2.6.0.2.oxt/template/en-US/forms/Confidentiality_Agreement.ott does not exist

I installed a template package, and had the exact same error. So I delved into the .openoffice.org directory, and found the
directory "openoffice.org/3r/" doesn't exist. I created a symlink from openoffice.org/3 -> openoffice.org/3r. Then I cd to
3r, and noticed that "uno_packages" doesn't exist, its under user/uno_packages.
I went ahead and made another sym-link in /home/kris/.openoffice.org/3r/:

  # ln -s `pwd`/user/uno_packages uno_packages

Then I booted up openoffice, and viola! I can see all the templates and use them just fine. So for some reason in the OpenOffice
extension manager, when it extracts / installs, it uses a weird path, which doesn't exist in the home profile.

We'll have to dig into OO source (shudder) to figure out why this is bugged.

In the meantime, you can use this workaround, and your templates should magically begin working again.