[PC-BSD Testing] 7.1.1 - X crashes randomly during install

paul.wyatt at bethere.co.uk paul.wyatt at bethere.co.uk
Sun Jul 12 16:52:23 PDT 2009

I've been trying a network install of  7.1.1 both as a Virtualbox guest (under Ubuntu) and onto my hard drive without success, despite multiple attempts.

Typically anywhere between 4% and 80% completion X freezes or crashes randomly and causes a hard reset.

I've tried booting without ACPI and in VESA mode but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

My mobo is an ASUS P5K-WS and I am using an Nvidia 8800GT graphics card.

I also tried 7.1. Same problem.