[PC-BSD Testing] OO update fails
kris at pcbsd.org
Fri Jul 10 07:05:32 PDT 2009
Yea, I did some digging into this. I've removed the update for now, because its a bug/un supported feature
in the PBI updater to update a program whos name changes. For example from OpenOffice-EN -> OpenOffice. For this
case you'll need to download OO 3.1.0 from pbidir and install that way.
Sorry for the confusion! I've added to my list to look into how I can improve the updater to
support program names changing on the fly.
On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, doverosx at gmail.com wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
> The update manger now sees the update and attempts it, and reports it's done but then it is shown in the list again. Plus
> the program didn't actually get updated.
> Testing mailing list
> Testing at lists.pcbsd.org
> I can attest to that.
More information about the Testing