[PC-BSD Testing] FF 3.5 Problem -- FF3.5 Works with a New User

doverosx at gmail.com doverosx at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 03:14:07 PDT 2009

Ian Robinson wrote:
> Re:  FF3 problem
>
> Brody Dover said:
>
> Hello Ian,
>
> can you make another account on the Acer to see if it is profile in the
> user's home directory causing the issue?
>
> Regards,
> Brodey
>
> ======================
>
> Brody - You nailed that one.  I took your suggestion and set up
> another user account.  FF 3.5 started without problems.  I'm using it
> to send this message now.
>
> Before that, I had tried downloading and reinstalling the FF 3.5 PBI
> but that offered no relief and produced the error message about which
> I had written earlier.
>
> Therefore, Brody's assessment that the user's profile may be the
> source of the problem appears to be right on.   What a puzzle too,
> since this is an install without any adjustments or tweaks whatsoever.
>
> Since this was a fresh install, and I have nothing set up, I might
> just try a fresh install again.
>
> Ian Robinson

Good to hear!

There is certainly an issue when upgrading PC-BSD (KDE?) with .XXX files
in the user's home dir not syncing up with the new version. Maybe
killing .Mozilla and/or .firefox in you home dir for the old account and
reinstalling the FF PBI will help in this case. Here's to hoping good
things ;).

Brodey