[PC-BSD Testing] 7.1.1 sound issues - please help

Geoff Gigg di874 at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue Jul 7 17:36:22 PDT 2009

Brian,

You had this reply from Kris back in April, and indicated it helped then:

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Apr 1 07:44:01 PST 2009

Brian wrote:
> My sound has been broken with both beta and RC1 . I would like to
> trouble shoot this , but I'm not used to using the command line . Any
> pointers would be appreciated .
>
> !DSPAM:1,49d2ccc820162031679263!

Brian,

Do you get an error when you boot up about not sound module?

If not, how about the card, does it have both digital / analog jacks?
Sometimes with the new hda driver, it'll default to the digital jack
instead of the analog. If you edit /etc/sysctl.conf and comment out this
line it may fix it:

# Autodetect the right sound card
#hw.snd.default_auto=1