[PC-BSD Testing] Surprise !!! PCBSD 7.1.1 Released

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Tue Jul 7 09:27:04 PDT 2009

 great
I was wondering, is there a way to do a "fresh upgrade" ?

what I mean is pretty much backup only the home folder, install
everything, and copy back the home folders without the personalization
of KDE...

in other words only the programs folders and emails setting will be
saved, everything that has to do with kde/plasma will be reset to
defaults (shortcuts, menu, etc...)

in other words you get a brand new system with your user information and
data from PBIs, but all the personalizations strict to KDE (and ports
installed manually) will be gone (but not the data in home folder about
those).

I can achieve something similar by installing a new machine, create a
new user with the same UID, copy everything from home except the
.kde/.kde4 folder.. well, maybe copy the kmail settings.
then I copy the /etc file configurations (and you can use the list that
you already have for those).

Make sense?

Fabry