[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 7.1.1 Final & Legacy NVidia (71.68.11) Problem

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Jul 7 08:32:20 PDT 2009

Ian,

If the driver isn't crashing anymore, but it still fails to bring up a display, then we can
probably make this work. Do this for me:

Reboot, and hit option 7, display setup wizard.

Select the older 71.68 driver, and what should be a valid resolution. let it fail,
and when it comes back to the attempt failed screen, run these commands:

Right-click on desktop, bring up xterm:
# cp /var/log/Xorg* /home/ian/
# cp /etc/X11/xorg* /home/ian/

(replace /home/ian with whatever your homedir is)

Then boot into the desktop, and send me the the log files that are in your homedir.
Maybe its some config issue with that old driver in particular, and if the logs indicate
that, I'll fix and issue an online update soon.