[PC-BSD Testing] Running program from runports and KDE menu?

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 14:50:13 PDT 2009

I compiled Pencil from ports and it runs fine from the runports prompt, but it did not put itself in the KDE menu.  I manually put the path to the binary /usr/local/bin/pencil as the command but if failed to start and then it occurred to me that's because it needs to use runports.

Tried: 'runports && /usr/local/bin' and still no go.

How can I put a port I built into the KDE menu without having to use runports manually first?

...Jeff