[PC-BSD Testing] RC2

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Jul 1 09:06:36 PDT 2009

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, A.Yerenkow wrote:

> 1. Intel video - Fixed Netbeans (there was serious graphic glitches)
Great!

> 2. Intel video - still UXA hangs my EeePC 900, just FYI, don't think
> it's PC-BSD related.

Correct, UXA support isn't working right now, there is some stuff which needs to
be added to the FreeBSD kernel to make it run properly. Maybe for 8.0 :)

> 3. Network manager (wifi) If I add some profiles, like configured WEP
> with password, they are saved during reboots; But If I tick checkbox
> "disable this device" -- all profiles are deleted, when I next time
> enable device. I think that's a bad behaviour.

I'll re-examine this for 8.0. Right now all the profiles are saved in your wpa_supplicant,
when you disable it, they get erased. I may be able to store them elsewhere though in a
future version.

> 4. Network manager (wifi)- Search for network do not show if the net is
> open, or secured; That's not cool too.

Correct, this must wait for 8.0 as well. I originally had this support, but
too often the scan was incorrect, or showed an open connection, which it was secured.

> 5. System settings - Advanced - Devices - Bluetooth networks are empty
> for me, but I'm using a bluetooth :) Not sure it's our problem, maybe
> KDE/Solid.

Yea, that stuff hasn't been ported over from Linux yet, feel free to take a crack at it :)

> 6. Copy files over wifi significantly improved speed, compared to 7.1
> This is noticeable on my not-very powerful laptop :)

Same here, thats good news