[PC-BSD Testing] KDE 4.2 released

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Wed Jan 28 18:30:32 PST 2009

On Jan 28, 2009, at 5:38 PM, pcfxer at rogers.com wrote:

> Bill Leeper wrote:
>> Looking forward to it. I have been so bored lately that I have been
>> playing with the Windows 7 beta.   :-)
>>
>> So far I have been able to bring it to its knees on more than a few
>> occasions....
>>
>> On Jan 28, 2009, at 7:00 AM, Kris Moore wrote:
>>

> Hi bill,
>
> Can you provide us with how you brought Windows 7 to it's knees so
> that
> we can imitate the same tests on PC-BSD?
>
> Can you CC Mr. Gates on your results ;).
>
> Regards,
> Brodey Dover


Computers can be fun again
                 format C:\
   Alternatives are out there


I have sent in a few reports, but since I am using the public beta I
get the feeling they are not paying any attention to me.   :-)

As far as bringing it down, the easiest way I have of doing that is to
open Windows media player and trying to make a playlist from music
stored on my network drive. It seems to go off into never never land
and WMP hangs. The task manager won't kill the application. Apparently
you can't log out or shutdown Windows with a hung application. Since I
can't kill it, log off or shut down I have to use the power button. I
can run other programs just fine, but I can't get rid of the hung
program.   :-)