[PC-BSD Testing] KDE 4.2 released

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Wed Jan 28 07:00:55 PST 2009

Arthur wrote:

>> I see that Kris has cleaned out the PCBSD ftp site <
>> <ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/>ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/ > which may mean
>> that he will be pushing out some 7.1 betas for us soon.
>>
>> KDE 4.2 which Kris was awaiting was released today (27 Jan 2009) right
>> on schedule.
>>
>> There is a very interesting and impressive "visual guide" detailing
>> the improvements in the interface here:
>> <http://kde.org/announcements/4.2/guide.php>http://kde.org/announcements/4.2/guide.php
>>

>> Ian Robinson
>> Salem, Ohio
>
>  From what I've read from a lot of the early releases, this is a huge
> step and what they wanted KDE to be from the get go. Looking forward to it.
>
> Arthur

I've been running KDE 4.2 BETA2 on my laptop for about 3 weeks now, and
I've very pleased with it. Its very stable, fast, and had plenty of new
features to help round-out the KDE 4 feature-set.

Now that 4.2 is out, I will be starting a PC-BSD 7.1-Alpha1 build of it
shortly. I'll let everybody know when its on the ftp site for you guys
to test  :)

http://www.pcbsd.com