[PC-BSD Testing] Separate FreeBSD and PC-BSD ports

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Feb 27 03:46:46 PST 2009

In no way is the ports tree closed. You can still work with and modify the pcbsd ports tree, it just takes a few initial steps. Take a look at the url below.

http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/Working_with_FreeBSD_Ports

The advantage is that now you can work with a clean fbsd ports tree, and pcbsd updates won't clobber your ports anymore. Note that 7.1 isn't released yet, so I'm hoping to improve the port mgmt a bit more.