[PC-BSD Testing] New NVidia 180.35 driver released
A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Wed Feb 25 06:15:18 PST 2009
* Added support for the following GPUs:
* GeForce GT 120
* GeForce G100
* Quadro FX 3700M
* Fixed a bug that caused Maya to freeze when overlays are enabled.
* Fixed an interaction problem with some applications that use
memory tracking libraries.
* Added support for RG renderbuffers in OpenGL 3.0.
* Added support for OpenGL 3.0 floating-point depth buffers.
* Fixed a problem that caused Valgrind to crash when tracing a
program that uses OpenGL.
* VDPAU updates:
* VDPAU now supports VC-1/WMV acceleration on all GPUs
supported by VDPAU; see the README for details.
* Expand the documentation of VDPAU's VdpVideoMixer, in
particular regarding how to use the deinterlacing algorithms.
Explicitly document "half rate" deinterlacing, which should allow the
advanced algorithms to run on more low-end systems. See vdpau.h.
* Implement a "skip chroma deinterlace" option in VDPAU,
which should allow the advanced deinterlacing algorithms to run on
more low-end systems. See vdpau.h.
* Enhance VDPAU to correctly handle some forms of
corrupt/invalid MPEG streams on some GPUs.
* Fix VDPAU to prevent some cases of "display preemption" in
the face of missing H.264 reference frames on some GPUs.
* Fix VDPAU to correctly handle VC-1 skipped pictures with
missing start codes on some GPUs.
* Fix VDPAU to correctly handle WMV "range reduction" on some
GPUs. A minor backwards-compatible API change was made for this; see
vdpau.h's documentation for structure field VdpPictureInfoVC1.rangered.
* Fix VDPAU wrapper library to print dlerror() messages when
problems occur, which will simplify debugging of driver loading issues.
The 180.35 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for Linux/x86
is available for download via
The 180.35 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics Driver Set for
Linux/x86-64 is available for download via
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
Please note: This NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release supports
GeForce 6xxx and newer NVIDIA GPUs, GeForce4 and older GPUs are
supported through the 96.43.xx and 71.86.xx NVIDIA legacy graphics
drivers. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx NVIDIA
legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note: If you encounter any problems with the 180.35
NVIDIA Linux graphics driver release, please start a new thread and
include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and
generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log file (please see
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Testing