[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha2 for testing

Guillermo Antonio Amaral Bastidas gamaral at kde.org
Wed Feb 25 00:12:21 PST 2009

Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.com> writes:

> Hey all, thanks for the reports from Alpha 1! Lots of things have been
> fixed since then, and Xorg 7.4 is acting a bit more normal now, so I've
> gone ahead and cut a release of Alpha2 for everybody to play with.
>
> Some of the highlights:
>
> * Fixed nvidia driver support
> * Included new kde printer application
> * Fixes slew of Xorg-related bugs and problems from update to 7.4
> * Patches which improve KDE's plasma stability
> * Numerous other small bugfixes :)
>
> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-iso/PCBSD7.1-ALPHA2-x86-DVD.iso
> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-iso/PCBSD7.1-ALPHA2-x86-DVD.md5
>
> As usual, please report bugs to this list, especially any regressions
> you've found from 7.0.x.

 Hi Guys,

 I'm trying out A2 on my Dell XPS M1330 ( all intel ), the boot process
 fails before the live cd picks up steam, error returned is :

    Error mounting install image!!!

 A line or two before shows the command "ls /dev/da*" failed.

 Cheers,
 GA

--
Guillermo Antonio Amaral Bastidas (gamaral)
Free/Libre/Open-Source Software Developer : http://www.guillermoamaral.com/