Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 15:10:53 PST 2009

Kris Moore replied:
I can probably build a PBI of krusader fairly easily, but we have to be
careful with windows apps, to make sure we don't break any license stuff
when packaging / redistributing them :)
http://www.pcbsd.com

and

Bill Leeper said:
My favorite file manager from Windows was XTree, which was bought out by
Central point, which was bought out by Symantec, which promptly screwed it
up. Norton Commander was actually from the Peter Norton days so it was a
very good program.

Ian Robinson says --

Hey Kris --
As far as Krusader -- It was decent.  There was a Krusader PBI at least
prior to PCBSD 1.4.  In its latest iteration the newest version is built to
work for KDE 4.

Hey Bill --
I loved Xtree too and still have it on a windows machine (the DOS version,
not the Windulls version which sux big time).  However, XTree DOS chokes
when reading the contents of the large hard disks of the last five years, so
I have used a wonderful shareware replacement called Ztree which is 99%
identical in looks, feel, operation, keystrokes, etc.  I love its fast
searching/sorting/tagging/copy-delete-move-purge functions which have never
been matched by any current GUI.

Ian Robinson