[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha2 testing

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Feb 24 08:18:26 PST 2009

Bill Leeper wrote:
> On closer observation when I fired up alpha 2 this morning I found the
> following:
>
> Icon indicated updates were available. I ran up the updater and sure
> enough there was a Wine pbi update. After applying the update it
> checks again and then puts the green checkmark on top of the blue
> triangle instead of replacing it. Logging out and back in causes it to
> display properly.

Here's the lo-down on the updater icon :)

The blue triangle means PBI updates are available, if its yellow, then
there is a system update available. Right now the tray icon and the
updater tool are two separate tools, the tray icon re-checks for updates
every 12 hours I believe. If you apply an update, then right-click the
tray icon and select "check for updates" it'll re-scan your system,
check the server, and switch to a green checkmark indicating no updates
available. I will look into a way to tie the two together, so after
applying updates, the tray automatically "refreshes", but I haven't had
a chance to do it just yet, still working on some other bugs at the moment.

http://www.pcbsd.com