[PC-BSD Testing] Flash drives

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Mon Feb 23 13:24:10 PST 2009

This is coming by via Thunderbird and alpha 2 running on my 16 GB flash
drive. Installation is a breeze. All you need to do is boot from the DVD
with a big enough flash drive plugged in. Since the drive was already
running the previous version I just overwrote it. The process from start
to being into a fully running desktop was about 45 minutes. I strongly
suggest if you want to do this that you spend the extra money and get a
flash drive with faster read/write speeds. The San Disk that I have is
one of these and the performance is very acceptable.

The only problem I seem to have at the moment is the update manager icon
showing the blue triangle even though it is fully updated. I did not
have this in the HD based icon this morning when I booted into it. It
did change to the green checkmard after I manually checked for updates
from the icon menu.

Bill