[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha2 for testing

A.Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Mon Feb 23 13:07:53 PST 2009

On 23.02.2009 22:55, Fabrizio Parrella wrote:
> I know this program...
> is the old "norton commander" from DOS or PC-DOC (the IBM version.. a
> lot better than MS-DOS) dear old days...
> didn't know that they were still making this one.
> there are free versions out there, WINSCP can do the same things that
> this program does, just set the right column to be local (I think..
> never done it before).
> If necessary I can find the free versions that I was used to used in
> win95 and see if they evolve into *nix..
> good memories when I was playing with my 80486dx2 60Mhz with the turbo
> on :-) and a good load of 4Mb ram and 20Mb HDD
> probably there are free versions already ready for BSD... I'll dig
> Fabry

Actually it's shareware, but it's only ask for press one of 3 buttons on
start;
It's support hot-directories, transparent archive handling, custom
short-cuts,
directory and file DIFF (!!!), bundled ftp client, and panel for
quick-launch of user programs, handy too.
multi-renaming, fast file search (by content and regexp content too),
search in archive too.
And it's damn really, really FAST.

As for me - there are no analogue in unix/linux. closest - mucommander,
but it's slow in some cases, and not support file (or dir) comparing.

Well, if we have some commercial games in PBI, why not this?