[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha2 for testing

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Mon Feb 23 07:32:08 PST 2009

The update manager now works as it should.

As for the port for the brother driver, I have no idea. Brother is
nice enough to include the ppd file on their driver disk, though, so
it shouldn't present a huge problem. Oc course everyone always keeps
their old CDs, right?   :-) If anyone needs me to I can list the path
to the driver on the CD, but it is pretty easy to find.

As I mentioned in a later post the partitioning did not turn out as I
told it to. I will be doing some more playing around with that on the
next release. Right now I am trying to make sure everything runs OK.
On the next release I will transfer everything from 7.0.2 over and
then get rid of it. That will give me two drives to play with 7.1 on.

So far I am really liking this version. I am only running on a gig of
RAM on this version as I loaned out a gig to a friend who is trying to
do some video editing on his Windows XP machine. I keep telling him to
get a Mac.   :-)