[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha2 for testing

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Feb 23 06:54:00 PST 2009

A.Yerenkow wrote:
> On 21.02.2009 1:26, Kris Moore wrote:
>> Hey all, thanks for the reports from Alpha 1! Lots of things have been
>> fixed since then, and Xorg 7.4 is acting a bit more normal now, so I've
>> gone ahead and cut a release of Alpha2 for everybody to play with.
>>
>> Some of the highlights:
>>
>> * Fixed nvidia driver support
>> * Included new kde printer application
>> * Fixes slew of Xorg-related bugs and problems from update to 7.4
>> * Patches which improve KDE's plasma stability
>> * Numerous other small bugfixes :)
>>
>> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-iso/PCBSD7.1-ALPHA2-x86-DVD.iso
>> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-iso/PCBSD7.1-ALPHA2-x86-DVD.md5
>>
>> As usual, please report bugs to this list, especially any regressions
>> you've found from 7.0.x.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Kris, there's something with /boot/loader has changed.
> I couldn't make boot USB, as usual. Seems this 1byte difference between
> alpha2 and alpha1 loaders breaks something.
> I changed it with /boot/loader from alpha1 and could succesfully boot
> and install from FAT32 flash. "Howto" coming soon ;)
> About system itself = new theme is good, a little speedup (comparing to
> alpha1) is present.

Let me know how to solve this, i've not personally changed anything
related to the boot process, aside from updating to the latest FreeBSD
7.1-Stable. Did something change in FBSD as far as you know?

> We lack of good, strong, solid filemanager, like TotalCommander. Maybe
> we could get a sane PBI ? :) Just thoughts, yet.

I'm not seeing TotalCommander in the ports tree? If there's one you like
in ports, let me know and I can get a PBI made up of it. I'm doing a
couple a week right now, in my spare time while working on 7.1 :P