[PC-BSD Testing] Nepali Version

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Mon Feb 23 06:20:57 PST 2009

Prakash Poudyal wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Here I want to know why it is difficult to install Nepali Version of
> PCBSD. When I select the language version as Nepali it does not work. So
> please correct it.

Prakash,

Unfortunately we are unable to include support for it at this time.. KDE
4.2 does *not* support nepali just yet. Here's the new languages KDE 4.2
added:

         arabic/kde4-l10n		Arabic
         misc/kde4-l10n-bn_IN		Bengali (India)
         misc/kde4-l10n-eu		Basque
         misc/kde4-l10n-gu		Gujarati
         hebrew/kde4-l10n		Hebrew
         misc/kde4-l10n-is		Icelandic
         misc/kde4-l10n-kn		Kannada
         misc/kde4-l10n-mai		Maithili
         misc/kde4-l10n-mr		Marathi
         misc/kde4-l10n-ro		Romanian
         misc/kde4-l10n-tg		Tajik

It looks like they are not even 50% done translating Nepali in KDE 4.2
yet, you may wish to contact the Nepali team via the links below to see
if you can help out.

http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=ne
http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kde4/team/ne/