[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 7.1 Alpha 2

Airy airy at netspace.net.au
Sun Feb 22 23:25:40 PST 2009

Testing on an Asus G35 based board with Intel 8400 3ghz processor and
Sata H/disk.

Now installs O/K , Screen configurator still gets stuck on default
1024x768 resolution (is it possible to remove this default and enable it
only on startup as an option??). This one seems to always be a sticking
point on all the PCBSD 7+ versions so far .
I am able to go into control panel and change the default to (auto)
(1920x1200) but when rebooted goes straight back into 1024x768 (yuck) -
rerun control panel and as soon as I click on monitor comes right ...
(When I try PClinuxOS install - goes straight to correct resolution
everytime without fail - but don't want PClinuxOS though).

Bottom panelbar doesn't cover the width of the screen in this resolution.

Good to see a partition option in the install - is it possible to remove
the 512mb limit on swap though - read somewhere on the Freebsd forum
that FreeBSD is lousy at configurating swapspace at the moment (4-8Gb
would be nice).

When loading System manager , creating  a dump of system config , comes
up with errors but at least allows to save.

Any possibility of putting an option in to restore original desktop
(widgets especially) , too easy to close them and they go away - haven't
checked but an option to lock them from closing would be good.

Startup and shutdown now drama free (yeah).

Allows me to view NTFS disk (separate) now - Alpha 1 was nogo.

Looking great for an Alpha.

John Stokes