[PC-BSD Testing] PCBSD 7.1 Alpha 2

Bill Leeper protagonist at charter.net
Sun Feb 22 12:02:26 PST 2009

Thanks for jogging my memory, Ian. I get the same results here. The
Software and Updates Manager even shows that they are not installed
even though I told it to during the install.

I also checked on the partitioning and it did not set it up the way I
told it to using a custom partitioning scheme. Basically I told to to
split the HD with the first half going to PC-BSD but it ended up using
the entire drive for PC-BSD. The drive was originally one large PC-BSD
partition running ZFS. I will try the partitioning again with the next
alpha and just wipe the whole drive and leave it unformatted. Then I
will see if it will actually use the partition size I specify.

On Feb 22, 2009, at 9:22 AM, Ian Robinson wrote:

> Testing PCBSD 7.1 Alpha 2 on an Pentium III HP Vectra VL 400, PIII
> 1.0 GHz, 512 Ram, ATI Radeon, IDE hard disk and DVD.
>
> <1. Install>:
> Smooth install, but like alpha 1 the install routine did NOT install:
>
> source code
> ports collection,
> ktorrent
> KVIrc