[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha2 for testing

A.Yerenkow yerenkow at uct.ua
Sat Feb 21 10:04:25 PST 2009

On 21.02.2009 1:26, Kris Moore wrote:
> Hey all, thanks for the reports from Alpha 1! Lots of things have been
> fixed since then, and Xorg 7.4 is acting a bit more normal now, so I've
> gone ahead and cut a release of Alpha2 for everybody to play with.
>
> Some of the highlights:
>
> * Fixed nvidia driver support
> * Included new kde printer application
> * Fixes slew of Xorg-related bugs and problems from update to 7.4
> * Patches which improve KDE's plasma stability
> * Numerous other small bugfixes :)
>
> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-iso/PCBSD7.1-ALPHA2-x86-DVD.iso
> ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-iso/PCBSD7.1-ALPHA2-x86-DVD.md5
>
> As usual, please report bugs to this list, especially any regressions
> you've found from 7.0.x.
>
> Thanks!

Kris, there's something with /boot/loader has changed.
I couldn't make boot USB, as usual. Seems this 1byte difference between
alpha2 and alpha1 loaders breaks something.
I changed it with /boot/loader from alpha1 and could succesfully boot
and install from FAT32 flash. "Howto" coming soon ;)
About system itself = new theme is good, a little speedup (comparing to
alpha1) is present.

We lack of good, strong, solid filemanager, like TotalCommander. Maybe
we could get a sane PBI ? :) Just thoughts, yet.