[PC-BSD Testing] Testing PCBSD 7.1 Alpha1

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Feb 17 08:51:18 PST 2009

A.Yerenkow wrote:
> On 17.02.2009 13:56, A.Yerenkow wrote:
>> Ok guys, I dropped Xandros and installed alpha on my laptoppy.
>>
>>    1. There is NO /usr/local/bin/bash
>> I chose bash, and - couldn't login neiter in KDE nor console.
>> I logged in as root, make a link /bin/bash to /usr/local/bin/bash and OK
>> logged in in KDE.
>>
>> 2. Slow - it's wrong word. Sluggish - most fit for speed describing :) I
>> have 7.0.2 on external HDD, it's faster. Yes, I know about new Xorg,
>> just mentioned this.
>>
>> 3. opened konsole with top, that's it. kded4 - 21%-23% WCPU, load
>> average 0.5, monitored about 10 minutes - no changes. No HDD useage;
>> What the heck my PC is doing? ;)
>>
>> will dig more;
>>
> 1. Russian license is still broken; I think I could solve this;
> 2. Glad to see that PCBSD and user have separate installed packages :)
> 3. Kris, Is qt-4.5 planned to 7.1?

Not sure about QT 4.5 just yet, it has to work with KDE 4.2, and then
hit FreeBSD ports before I can include it, so it may be a few months out
still. However, I will release an update to it once its available. I
know it has some nice speed improvements for rendering of widgets and such.

http://www.pcbsd.com