[PC-BSD Testing] Testing PCBSD 7.1 Alpha1

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Tue Feb 17 08:44:11 PST 2009

A.Yerenkow wrote:
> Ok guys, I dropped Xandros and installed alpha on my laptoppy.
>
>   1. There is NO /usr/local/bin/bash
> I chose bash, and - couldn't login neiter in KDE nor console.
> I logged in as root, make a link /bin/bash to /usr/local/bin/bash and OK
> logged in in KDE.

Just fixed this in SVN :)

> 2. Slow - it's wrong word. Sluggish - most fit for speed describing :) I
> have 7.0.2 on external HDD, it's faster. Yes, I know about new Xorg,
> just mentioned this.
>
> 3. opened konsole with top, that's it. kded4 - 21%-23% WCPU, load
> average 0.5, monitored about 10 minutes - no changes. No HDD useage;
> What the heck my PC is doing? ;)

Yes, these issues are mainly related to the new Xorg 7.4 update. I've
been bug fixing it over the last week, and I've gotten it working
properly again, and I think its a bit faster even. Also, I've fixed
issues installing with nvidia cards. I'll let everybody know when ALPHA2
is ready for you to start playing with.

http://www.pcbsd.com