[PC-BSD Testing] Testing PCBSD 7.1 Alpha1

Ian Robinson fitchkendall at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 20:56:01 PST 2009

Here is additional feedback on 7.1 Alpha1

1.  Missing Installation Components:  Although I chose everything in the
optional components (All PBIs, Source, and Ports), I now find that the
following were not installed:

Open Office

Opera

VLC Video Player

KTorrent

Gimp

Pidgin

Thunderbird

Ports Tree

Source Code

However I was able to copy the PBIs from the DVD and install them one by
one, so it seems it was a case of a defective installation routine and not a
case of bad PBIs.

2.  Dolphin has crashed on me a couple of times, but i can reload.

3.  Kickoff Application Launcher has crashed twice when clicking on the
fireball icon.

4.  Konquer (Administrator Mode) -- The Administrator version of Konqueror
loaded fine, and took the root password, but Konquer would not let me open a
configuration file with kwrite for editing even though i was using it as the
superuser.  I could open the file using Dolphin's "open-with-Kwrite"
routine, but i could not save it of course because in Dolphin I was not
opening as root.