[PC-BSD Testing] PC-BSD 7.1 Alpha1 is up!

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.com
Fri Feb 6 10:49:22 PST 2009

Hey all,

Sorry it took so long to get this out and ready, the Xorg update to 7.4
caused a new slew of problems which I had to fix before even getting us
to alpha quality. Anyway, here's the DVD ISO for 32bit to play with:

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-iso/PCBSD7.1-ALPHA1-x86-DVD.iso
MD5 (PCBSD7.1-ALPHA1-x86-DVD.iso) = 1de22b5129211e745ec53bb9fceea7fd

Highlights:

FreeBSD 7.1-Stable
Xorg 7.4
KDE 4.2

NOTE:

This is ALPHA quality, expect bugs, but please report them to help us
improve the software. This will require a fresh install, the upgrade
portion will be working later on, after we get our new System Installer
committed and included.

Thanks for testing!