[PC-BSD Testing] BSD 7.1RC1 Finally!

Arthur Koziol A-Koziol at neiu.edu
Fri Feb 6 05:55:01 PST 2009

>Soon! :)
>
>Its taken me a bit longer than expected, since the update to xorg 7.4
>broke several things, and causes a new slew of problems which I've been
>trying to get fixed up first, so you can at least get to a workable
>desktop. KDE 4.2 seems to work pretty well though!
>
>I'm testing another alpha candidate tonight, if it's working well enough
>I'll release it right away, otherwise it'll be a few days still.

Kris,

I've been loosely following 7.4 / 1.5.3 development and on the surface it
appears there may be a 1.5.4 bugfix release coming down the pipe since
server 1.6 is delayed by 5 weeks + already.

For what may become 1.5.4, I see 8 patched merged and six proposed.
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Server15Branch

7.4 was a pretty big change so no surprise it broke some stuff. 1.6 is going
to be a major change since it's been sliced and diced and had a lot of legacy
code purged. It should be fun to see what that breaks. >:-}

Do you have any specifics on what broke in 7.4? Not that I can fix them
or anything, just curious. :-D

Arthur