[PC-BSD Testing] screenshot request

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Dec 17 12:06:21 PST 2009

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Dru Lavigne wrote:
> I'd like to include two screenshots which I can't make unless updates become available:
>
> 1. a screenshot of a PBI with a newer version within Software Manager
>
> 2. a screenshot of an available system update within Software Manager
>
> Kris, is this something you can "fake" on your test system just to get a screenshot? Or do I cross my fingers
> that a newer PBI and a system update become available in 8 before Jan. 15 (my deadline for adding
> screenshots)?
>
> If you can fake a screenshot, I'll send you more details on what I'd like to see in the image.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru
> !DSPAM:1,4b2a6d6920141565321361!

Dru,

I can go ahead and trigger a couple of "fake" updates for screenshot purposes here. Go ahead and
send me the details on what you want to see, and I'll probably have that done for you tomorrow :)

Also, something I'm not sure you saw, but if you right-click on a PBI in the software manager, that's
a 8.x native PBI, you can re-create desktop / menu icons easily. Just wanted to make sure you documented
this, since it comes in handy when you accidentially delete your desktop icon, and want to get it back.