Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Thu Dec 17 07:33:26 PST 2009

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Mike Bybee wrote:

>> * Includes some additional optional PBI components, such as FF, K3B and Amarok, the full set will
>>   be available in the beta, after the build server finished churning them out.
>
> I chose all of these, they installed fine. Could we get multi-select
> or an "add all" button?

Added multi-selected support in SVN now :)

> One bug (feature?) when I change language in the installer, the screen
> blinks off then back, but it's all still English.

Fixed that in SVN last night, was a bug loading translation files

> The login background in widescreen is still not stretched - though at
> least it shows black bars instead of screen corruption.

Is it that the wallpaper isn't stretched, or that your are running in 1024x768 and
its not filling the entire screen? I.E. can you move your mouse to the black areas? If thats
the case, then its normal. My intel laptop here does that, when it runs in 1024x768, it doesn't stretch
to fill the screen, its a driver issue.

> Doesn't seem to prompt for a hostname - I ended up with some generic
> name: pcbsd-5035. Previous installer asked, I think. Did I just miss
> it?

No, thats correct. For now it doesn't prompt for a hostname, just generates one. The previous installer
did that as well, but I may add the hostname field to the GUI in the future.