[PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 12152009 Up!

Mike Bybee mbybee at dometrilogy.com
Thu Dec 17 05:31:45 PST 2009

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:08:29 -0600
> From: Arthur Koziol <A-Koziol at neiu.edu>
> Subject: Re: [PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 12152009 Up!
> To: PC-BSD Testing list <testing at lists.pcbsd.org>

> I'm just now doing a fresh install with the new alpha but have you given
> the new ATI driver 6.12.14 a shot yet? Not sure if it's made it in the
> new alpha yet.
>
> Arthur

I haven't tried that driver if it wasn't in the previous December
Alpha. The current newest 12/15 Alpha installed fine, as did the
initial Alpha and 7.2 release.

> That's completely not normal behavior if some of choices provide hangup.
> User can have any card and test any drivers, and nothing should happen
> like this, he only can get error - "driver not supporting card,
> switching back to vga mode".
>

>> Arthur

There were no visible errors, just complete loss of all system
function (numlock, scroll lock, screen, etc). I had to hard-shutdown
the machine. When I restarted it into emergency mode, it ran fsck then
rebooted. It did the same in 'Vesa' mode. I ended up just going to the
12/15 Alpha, which installed fine except for the errors I already sent
earlier.

--
Thanks,
Mike Bybee