[PC-BSD Testing] Weird problem

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 17 03:08:45 PST 2009

I had a system crash/power failure and when I rebooted I started seeing an endless chain of:

12/17/09 06:00:13 pm    pcbsd    kernel    acd0: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
12/17/09 06:00:17 pm    pcbsd    kernel    acd0: WARNING - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
12/17/09 06:00:17 pm    pcbsd    kernel    acd0: FAILURE - TEST_UNIT_READY timed out

I thought this was related to my RAID0 array failure so I disabled the crippled drive and rebooted off the single drive.  Seemed all was ok but every 10 seconds or so the system would hand for 10 seconds and the HD light was stuck on.

Looking at the system log showed the above warnings continually, coinciding with the HD light and system hang.

Any idea why the CD drive is involved?
Did something get damaged in the crash?
How do I repair this?
I'm running PCBSD 7.1.1/64bit